12 Facts you should know about Essential Oils? These facts are why every house hold should have them!
1) Essential oils are not really oils. They do not contain the fatty acids that constitute what we would consider an actual oil. Essential oils are highly concentrated plant constituents possessing potent medicinal and cosmetic qualities. Consider essential oils the immune system of the plant.
2) Most essential oils are high in antibacterial, anti-fungal, and antiviral properties: This makes them an excellent addition to your homemade cleaning preparations and medicinal purposes. Oils that are best for cleaning are: Lemon, grapefruit, eucalyptus, peppermint, tea tree, lavender, and rosemary.
3) Essential oils are minuscule in molecular size, which means they are absorbed well by theskin – making them perfect ingredients in personal care items intended to heal, soften, and nourish. They do not accumulate in the body over time – they simply offer up their healing properties and then pass on through.
4) Fragrance oils and essential oils are NOT the same thing. As a rule of thumb, if you see the word “fragrance” or “fragrance oil” or even “perfume” on anything, you can assume this is synthetic and NOT natural. (Even if it says natural fragrance.)
5) They know the difference between a good cell or a bad cell! making it easy to target the cells that need repair.
6) Essential oils are natural and cannot be patented; which means that you’ll never see an essential oil in a pharmaceutical drug. As such, you can expect that the vast majority of mainstream healthcare practitioners will never recommend essential oils as therapeutic alternatives to drugs. More importantly, because essential oils cannot be patented, drug companies will not waste money studying them. This limits our scientific knowledge of essential oils GREATLY, and the majority of what we know about them are things that have been passed down through thousands of years of personal use and experimentation.
7) Enormous amounts of plants are needed to produce essential oil. It takes 4000 pounds of Bulgarian roses to produce 1 pound of essential oil. Other plants like lavender take 100 pounds of plant material to produce a pound of essential oil. Still, can you imagine how concentrated essential oils must be, in light of how many plants are used to produce them?
9) Essential Oil release ions and discharge Oxygen. This is one reason why we diffuse essential oils.
10) They can help release traumatic memory from the DNA level. EO’s can penetrate a cell to target a virus.
11) Essential oils could literally last you for years. Hopefully that thought will help mitigate the cost involved in purchasing some essential oils. Because they are SO concentrated and only a tiny amount is needed in anything you do, they’ll last you a very, very long time. The only exception to this rule is citrus oils, which will see a reduction in potency after a year or two.
12) USE ESSENTIAL OILS TO HELP YOUR MOOD.They can benefit all levels of physical, emotional and spiritual.