Keeping your kid healthy during school Season
So I discuss in last post how mom’s can stay calm during football season. But is your child ready! Keeping your child healthy during fall season is challenging. Especially if they are doing sports. They exert a lot of their energy that could possibly wear down their immune system, making them more accessible to colds and flu. Not to mention the wear and tear on their physical and psychological well-being.
Here are a few tips on how you can be proactive in keeping your child healthy during this time of year.
1) Cut the sugar!– Reducing the amount of sugar your child consumes is a good idea! It’s no surprise that too much sugar can cause tooth decay, hyperactivity and increase the risk for obesity and type 2 diabetes. Yet experts say parents have no idea that all that sugar can also cause other chronic health problems.
When kids consume too much sugar, it can alter the balance between good and bad bacteria and weaken their immune systems. While your child may still get frequent colds, their symptoms may be reduced if their sugar intake is reduced!
Few suggestion to cut out sugar! Nix the juice and sodas- loaded with sugars!
Skip the processed food- especially cereals. add fresh foods, not boxed foods
2) Take Probiotics– Probiotics are live bacteria and yeasts that are good for your health, especially your digestive system. We usually think of bacteria as something that causes diseases. But your body is full of bacteria, both good and bad. Probiotics are often called “good” or “helpful” bacteria because they help keep your gut healthy! Your Gut is 70-80% of your immune system. It is important to keep it health!
3) Clean up the diet- Today’s society is nothing other than rushed. We tend to rely on fast food joints to get food in our child’s belly because we are rushing to get to work, school, practice, etc. Try to do more home cooking, adding super foods in it such as chia, flax, hemp. Use more herbs in your cooking, less diary and sugar. Go organic, to avoid harmful toxins from pesticides. Click here to read more tips to clean up diet!
4) Add Vitamins. Add a multi vitamin with zinc and vitamin C. Gummies are a good way to get your child to take vitamins.
5) Get Sleep- Sleep is especially important for children as it directly impacts mental and physical development. … During the deep states of NREM sleep, blood supply to the muscles is increased, energy is restored, tissue growth and repair occur, and important hormones are released for growth and development! Try diffusing Lavender Essential oil in their room at bedtime for a good nights rest!
6) Wash your hands–Washing your hands and your child’s hands is the best way to stop the spread of germs. When you wash your hands, you help clean them and remove the germs that cause illness. We pick up germs on our hands from touching people or things around us.
7) add Essential Oils!!
ESSENTIAL OILS can help improve your healthy in many ways. Essential oils are the immune system of a plant. They can help repair, protect and strengthen our cells. Adding essential oils to my house hold improved all of our health.
My grandson loves to smell essential oils. We use them for his bug bites (lavender & Tea Tree). My son uses them for his headaches, muscle soreness and to focus. My daughter uses them for her acne and to clean with. My husband uses them for help fight his cancer. I I use my Essential oils for EVERYTHING. Whatever it is, I have an oil for it.
Facts about Essential Oils
- all essential oils have anti-bacterial properties
- many are anti-fungal, anti-viral, anti-parasite
- they release ions and discharge oxygen
- they can help release traumatic memory from the DNA level
- they can benefit on all levels of physical, emotional and spiritual!
You can diffuse them to get the aroma and components of the essential oil in the air. Helps keep germs away. I recommend On Guard for this!
Use them to massage onto sore muscles, headaches and body aches. Deep blue Is what I recommend for this!
Help your studying with Essential oils as well.
If you would like to know more about Essential oils, I would be more than happy to give you a ONE ON ONE session, via in person or facetime or zoom. I can also do an Essential oil class at your home. please email me firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in this.
SHOP DOTERRA ESSENTIAL OILS What is an Essential oil from doTERRA.
There are so many ways Essential oils can benefit you and numerous DIY you can do to help your family. DR. Eric Z’s Essential Oil club is a great information on all you need to know about them!
Read his amazing book.
Shop More Essential Oil accessories. Click pictures to order.