Well it is day 2 that I am on my bone broth detoxing! I am doing pretty good with it. My first day was a bit hard. Especially in the evening. Day two I am feeling some sugar withdrawl. I am a big snacker so not putting a snack in my mouth every hour has been challenging. I am proud I have got this far. There is no turning back on this detoxing.
So why am I detoxing? It is not for weight loss, for me! Although a pound or two I wouldn’t mind shedding! But my main purpose of doing the detox is to help repair my Leaky Gut!
What is a leaky gut? Well to put it in simple words, it is damage to the intestinal walls. The damage is usually caused by certain foods, prescriptive medicine and stress. Toxins escape out of the intestinal wall into the blood stream causing inflammation and many health concerns. This triggers an autoimmune reaction, which can lead to gastrointestinal problems such as abdominal bloating, excessive gas and cramps, fatigue, food sensitivities, joint pain, skin rashes, and autoimmunity. I have many of these symptoms! (you can find out more about Leaky gut HERE)
So this is why I am in the process of doing with my 3 Day Bone Broth- Repairing my leaky gut.
- Protects Joints.
- Good for the Gut. …LEAKY GUT!
- Maintains Healthy Skin.
- Supports Immune System Function.
- Boosts Detoxification.
- Aids the Metabolism and Promotes Anabolism
Watch this video on why Bone Broth makes sense. (Jordan Rubin- Cancer survivor through organic living and detoxing with bone broth)
- How to do 3 day detox! By consuming lots of bone broth (at least 3 to 5 eight oz cups per day for 3 days) and lots of water you’re starving out the bad bacteria in your gut and removing parasites, since the bone broth doesn’t have the type of nutrients they need to survive. It has antioxidant properties, removing free radicals and slowing aging. The main amino acid in bone broth is Glycine, which is exactly what your liver uses to detox your body.
- At the end of your 3-day bone broth detox, start introducing clean healthy foods like organic vegetables and also be absolutely sure to include some fermented foods with probiotics to help out your healthy gut bacteria; this is crucial. Choose live foods if you can that state they have live cultures like certain yogurts, kefir, pickles, sauerkraut, kimchi and kombucha. This will help build up your digestive system and your immune system so you can really get the most from the food you eat.
This is the Bone Broth that I am using today!
How do I use my Bone Broth Protein!
I make a smoothie with it. I blend it with
*cup of almond milk,
*Cup of ice,
*scoop of bone broth,
*half teaspoon of cinnamon,
*tsp of chia and flax seed
*and a handful of spinach, or collard greens
6 Other ways to detox is to
1) drink plenty of water,
2) eat organic cooked greens, or juicing
3) reduce unhealthy fats, smoking, alcohol, caffeine, and sugar intake
4) eat plenty of fiber
5) take epsom salt baths with essential oils
6) Do coffee enemas