FOOTBALL MOMS! Stay Calm!
Football season is here! Are you and your son ready for the season?
I feel like I am never ready for football season. I am one of those nervous Nelly football moms! If you are anything like me, you are losing sleep, anxiety is off the charts, racing thoughts, worrying, can’t focus, mood swings, etc. Yes I get that nervous. Every year, for the past 10 years! It takes a toll on me.
I usually have to amp up my dosage of Zoloft (antidepressant that I hate having to depend on! I am slowing transforming to all natural remedies). But I notice that I feel slightly calmer this year. I am not sure if it is because my son is older and confident as hell, or my diet is better!
There is a correlation of poor diet that can affect the brain, causing some depression/anxiety! Watch this short 4 minute video from Dr. Kelly Brogan. Kelly Brogan is expert on Gut/brain health! If you want to dig deep on depression and anxiety, how diet helps or hurts mental health, please watch this video from Dr. Brogan!
I also think my Essential oils are helping me. I Can’t say enough about Essential oils! Each day I learn more about them and apply them to my life. I can really feel a differences. I would love to share more information about Essential oils with you. Email me email@example.com if you are interested in having a ‘ONE on ONE’ class with me or like to host an Essential oil class with your friends.!
I’m sure all 3 reasons are a huge contribute to my calmness. But don’t get me wrong, I still am experiencing anxiety. I plan to add a few more steps in my daily life to help lift the anxiety, naturally. I want to share them with you. I really think it can help. I’ll share ways to help you and ways to keep your son healthy too!
7 ways to Keep Calm, football MOMS!!
1) Focus more on what you have control of, instead of worrying about what you can’t control.
2) When you have those negative thoughts (those thoughts of your son getting hurt) Pray to God to lift those thoughts! Ask God to wrap his loving arms around your son to protect him and around you for strength! The minute I know God is with me, and I am communicating with him, I instantly feel relief knowing he is right there to help me through anything. The power of prayer is amazing. It truly gives you a sense of calm, instantly!
3) Make sure you are doing all that you can to get a a proper amount of sleep. At least 7-8 hours. When our sleep it disrupted it can affect your cortisol hormone! Which is our stress hormone. Lack of sleep causes nervous energy, foggy brain, irritability, and depression.
Tips to helping you sleep. Take a calming bath with bath salts. Add lavender essential oils to it. Lavender oils are very effective for calmness. You can also diffuse lavender essential oil by your bed at night. There are many essential oils you can use for insomnia and calmness. A few to mention..
Lavender-helps relax the body, able to reduce feelings of uneasiness, stress and anxiety.
Vetiver– used for relaxation. helps to alleviate anxiety, insomnia and depression.
Roman Chamomile– inhalation is a natural remedy for anxiety and general depression.
Clary Sage– reduces inflammation and has a calming affect.
Ylang ylang– may improve mood and help put the body into a more relaxed stare of mind.
You can diffuse of these at once or just one of the 4 will help.
4) Make a roll-on essential oil blend of the 4 oils mention above. Take it with you everywhere. Roll it on the back of your neck, or wrist when you are feeling stressed or just roll it in the palms of your hands and inhale it. It really does soothe you. You can also use doTERRA’s roll-on blends such as Aromatouch!
5) Treat yourself to a pampering service, such as a facial, massage, pedicure, manicure, hair done…
Us mom’s always put ourselves last or feel guilty when we do something for ourselves. You know the saying though, If you don’t take care of yourself, you are not going to be able to give your 100% to take care of the family. So that facial, massage etc. is NECESSARY!! Schedule a facial with me.. I’ll take good care of you!
6) Do arts and craft activities. This is so soothing to me. Make football t-shirts, or paint a mug with your son’s football logo, make jewelry. There are many things you can do to make football crafts. Of course pinterest is where I get a lot of ideas. I did this shirt the other day.
7) Read “Football Mom’s Survival Guide” book! I NEED this book. Buying this baby today!! Click on the book to order yourself one!
So those are just a few easy ways I am going to do to keep calm during football season!! Hopefully these tips will help you as well!
On my next blog I will talk about how to keep your son healthy through football season! With football, our sons can really overwhelm their immune system, muscles and mental health. I will share a few tips to help with that. I been applying them to my son! So far so good!!
A FOOTBALL MOTHER’S POEM!
In the fall, it is time for the football season.
Mothers go to the game, but for one reason,
What is the reason? Let there be no denial,
It’s to see if her son gets up from the pile!
Oh, she may have lots of pep, and do all the cheers,
and she hasn’t missed a game in many a year.
But she doesn’t do it just to keep in style,
It’s to see if her son gets up from the pile
She keeps tracks of the score and acts very alert,
Wondering how to get the bloodstains out of his shirt.
She always sits on her seat right on the aisle,
Just in case he doesn’t get up from the pile!
When the whistle blows, she strains her eyes,
For the jersey number she’s memorized.
She’ll sit quite still, heart stopped all the while,
Til’ she sees that number come up from the pile!
She’ll stand and shout, “My son stopped the play!”
“Sit down, dear, he clipped,” is all Dad can say.
She may not know a punt from a telephone dial,
But she knows when her son gets up from the pile!
Good ol’ Mom, she’s a dear, & your very best fan,
But you’ll be her little boy even when you’re a man,
She makes all your games, you think with a smile,
Just to see if “her baby” gets up from the pile!
Poem from Unknown author!
Check out these awesome books. Click on desired book to order.